A RAW deal


So, as I've mentioned a couple of times, I've been using LIGHTBOX Editor. It's a free app (and come my next pay, I'm gonna spring the $20 for the 'PLUS' version of the app). One of the things that makes it cool is that it handles RAW files (Which in the DSLRs are the actual data files and you can edit and tweak them without some of the loss you get when you tweak JPEG files). Most pros (so I'm told) use them in their paying shoots. The Nikon has a mode where it will save RAW or JPEG or one of each, depending.

Jerry got me a little nervous by telling me that there are many kinds of RAW files, and I needed to make sure that my freebie app handled Nikon's flavor.

Lucky me, it did.

Just one more thing to have in the arsenal. The pic above was taken in RAW format and tweaked in Lightbox Editor.

Clouds on the way.

-ATS.

Comments