The galaxy is on Orion's Belt.

About this time every year, my favorite constellation holds a party...a shower if you will. The Orionid Meteor shower.

Last night I decided to stay up and see what all the fuss is about.

Got a few good shots of my fave star pattern to start out the evening (evening being about 2:30AM)













And here's the shot-from the lower left star in the belt, start heading diagonally to the lower left corner..see that little streak that looks like a scratch? Yup-meteor! I didn't think I got any caught on film of the 3 I saw.


How about you? Any one else got any stellar shots from last nights celestial bash?

Comments

  1. No pics from me... but at 6:30am I did manage to catch one very faint (to me) meteor. The street lights were on and the neighbor, of all morning, had his outside light on so he dog could take a poop. I saw that good one yesterday, so I'm not disappointed that I didn't see any good ones this morning. Kevin said he caught three around 1am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Not sure where the 20/hour rate was, but it sure wasn't around Central Ohio :-). I'm hoping the Geminids one you send me the link about yields some better shots (although I'm really happy with the shots of Orion).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment