Cleveland National Air Show

DSC_3055_edited

Went up to Burke Lake Airport this Labor Day Weekend (well, Sunday) for the Cleveland National Air Show.

I was really bummed at first that I would not have a 200mm lens of some sort to shoot with. Sometime around Thursday or Friday, though, I just trusted in the fact that composition and framing would win over super zooming.

Out of the 1600+ shots I snapped (I know, right?!?!), I came up with about 150 that I was really proud of.  The full album can be found on my Facebook page here

I’ve put a handful of the pictures that I’m really pleased with.

Please keep in mind that I went with a mission to get some great shots, but in between the demonstrations, I found myself transported back to when I was about 8 yrs old and my neighbor would take me to the Dayton Air Show and I saw the Thunderbirds for the very first time. In between that childlike fascination and the scream of afterburners, I found that I had a great time AND got some pix I’m happy with.

  DSC_3064_edited

 

DSC_3091_edited

 DSC_3145_edited

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_3205_edited

 DSC_3292_edited

 

 

 

 

 

 DSC_3303_edited

 DSC_3392_edited

 

 

 

 

 

 DSC_3718_edited

 

DSC_3962_edited

DSC_3980_edited

DSC_4003_edited  DSC_4064_edited

DSC_4084_edited

 DSC_4085_edited

 

 

 

 

 DSC_4656_edited

DSC_4503_edited

All in all, the air show was amazing. And I’ve put it on my ‘annual must do’ things list. I can’t believe I went so long before now with seeing them. So much fun, and the Center Show seats we had were great. Can’t wait until next year!

Stay tuned-I’ve got more photo-sets that need to go up, just trying to find the time to sort through it all.

-ATS

Comments

  1. Thanks, man! I was very happy with how they came out. And I used to always be disbelieving when people would say they took hundreds of shots to get the perfect one they wanted....until I realized that I took 1600 pictures to get the 150 I was happy with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... i thought the 1600 was a typo. :P but then i thought about it and thought... well.. yeah... that's totally possible. imagine what it was like in the non-digital era. egads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the film days I'm sure it was 'point, click, pray :-)'

    But I could see someone getting paid to shoot it taking about that many shots...probably more since I didn't shoot all of the demos that there were (missed some of the helicopter ones and a couple of the older stunt plane acts).

    We're already making plans for next year (and probably hitting Dayton, too), so if it's something you're interested in, let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment