Empty

It's weird to me that I didn't take any pictures yesterday. I talked a lot to Jerry about shooting and the difference between amateurs (like me), pro-ams (like him), and pros (that get paid to shoot for a living), is really just time, location, and money. They're in the right place....they have the time to stay for days or weeks and get the perfect shot. And they get paid big money for that.

It's no different than anything, I suspect. And sure, the gear is probably "better" but Jerry put that in to perspective, too. If you have a DSLR...at that point, you have the larger sensor and the pro-sumer gear. Don't sweat about the lenses or trying to get the latest technology at that point. Just try things out. If you like the way a particular lens shoots, then use it. If you don't, then don't.

Seems simple enough.

I am shooting a friends' daughter's Sweet 16 Party tonight (I've never been a part or witness to anything like this, so it should be interesting). It's a themed event and it's a 'hollywood premiere' theme, complete with the red carpet, etc. etc.

I was originally asked to shoot video (but I kinda wanted to shoot photo instead...I'm started to get picky about being a 'videographer for hire' these days. If I'm gonna spend the time to shoot and edit something, I want it to be s0mething that I really want to do...I haven't become quite that jaded with the pictures yet, so I guess that's why I still want to shoot photos of everything I can.

We'll see how it all shakes out.

Hope y'all have a great Saturday eve.

Comments