Little House In The Country

Another trip to Dan’s today afforded me another opportunity to brush up on my ‘rural landscape’ photography before the photo-shoot in KY that Dad and I are taking this fall.

Once again a faulty PC was the cause for the trip and as luck would have it, I had to reformat a 200GB hard drive. Plenty of time to snap some shots of the awesome puffy clouds that had been taunting me the whole way up to his house.

Dan was a bit surprised, I think, at how the last batch came out and he asked for some shots including the house. No problem-I love the way his house is laid out, so it was cool to shoot it.

Here’s the pick of the litter (or the pix of the litter, if you will).

A telephoto would have done this shot more justice. I’ll probably re-shoot this when I get one (or borrow one from Steve).

DSC_1276_edited DSC_1277_edited DSC_1278_edited

The road leading up to Dan’s house is framed by two Acorn trees (at least I think that’s what they were). And hey-I just read about using natural ‘frames’…yay me!

DSC_1279_edited DSC_1280_edited DSC_1280_edited_2 DSC_1281_edited DSC_1282_edited

DSC_1282_edited_2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_1283_edited

Dan’s got this wooden fence that I love to use to split the shot. It just gives it such a rustic vibe. I used it the last time I shot out there (and I think one of the later shots from today is a mimic of that shot last time).

 DSC_1284_edited DSC_1285_edited

 DSC_1286_edited

 DSC_1287_edited

DSC_1288_edited

DSC_1289_edited DSC_1290_edited DSC_1291_edited DSC_1292_edited DSC_1293_edited

The clouds were really drawn to Dan’s house today for some reason. DSC_1294_edited

Here’s that fence again. I don’t think I had quite the same kinds of clouds in the last shot.

DSC_1297_edited

DSC_1298_edited

  There’s something I’ve always loved about driving down a ‘country road’. I guess it goes back to the trips to KY to my mamaw and papaw’s farm. The road, well driveway, to Dan’s house reminds me of that (only shorter).

DSC_1299_editedIn my haste to get these shots, I scared off a Monarch butterfly. THAT would have been a cool shot. Ah well, maybe next time. Still, I’m happy with how these came out.

DSC_1300_edited DSC_1301_edited DSC_1302_edited

DSC_1303_edited DSC_1304_edited

I love the sense of scale on this one. Dan’s house is pretty huge…but this cloud that was parked right in front of it was a monster! It’s like you could have taken a running jump off of the roof and landed in the clouds (kids, don’t try that at home).

DSC_1305_edited

DSC_1308_edited DSC_1309_edited DSC_1311_edited DSC_1313_edited DSC_1313_edited_2 DSC_1315_edited

There’s that fence again. I love that fence. I bet I could put a run together of just different kinds of fences. That might be something to put in the idea bin.

DSC_1316_edited And with that, I leave you to your Sunday (or, the start of your awesome week!).

-ATS

Comments

  1. Once again Todd you did a great job. The clouds even look better in the photos. Thanks Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they were pretty amazing...I never quite know what they're going to look like until we take out some of the color cast. I was very happy with the way these turned out. I'll put the hi-res versions of both sets on a disk for you.-Todd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I tried jumping into a cloud from my roof and it didn't work out so well. I should have followed your advice.

    Nice Pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jerry! Definitely couldn't have done it without your help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment