Wuv....twoo wuv

I apologize to my 4 readers who frequent this blog. I have been remiss in my photographic duties.

We just got done with the Dream Conference at ICC and the weeks leading up to it were a crazy mix of excitement and terror-but it all came out very well.

That's not to say I haven't been taking pictures, I have. I just haven't gotten to where I've been able to get them ready to post.

The most recent set that I shot was of a couple at our church that's getting married next Saturday (I'm shooting the wedding, too, so that should be interesting).

They asked me to shoot some engagement photos for them. I used my favorite haunt, Inniswoods and here are the results. T and O Engagement Photos (It's a facebook album, but you should still be able to view it).

Other than that, the shots have been mostly random. I did wind up getting the SB 50 DX flash. It's older, so it has to be used completely manual, but that's ok because (a)it's teaching me WHY I need to do things a certain way instead of just doing them and (b)having a old flash for fill lighting is better than no flash.

I also built a home-made diffuser out of $1 worth of velcro and a $.90 bottle of rubbing alcohol. Thanks to this site I now have, for $2 something that everyone else wanted to charge me $20-$40 for.

Sure, I plan on getting an SB-600 and maybe a 'real' diffuser someday, but for now, these will work just fine (and I could actually see the difference in the shoot at Inniswoods).

I'll have some more pics up soon.

Until then, happy shooting!

Comments