Ohio State Fair

It’s no secret that THE event of the summer is the family trip to Indiana for the ‘fried/on a Stick’ fest known as the Indiana State Fair.  I always debate whether to take a still camera or a video camera (I’ve gone both ways with equally successful results), but this year I think I’m sticking with stills.

And an out-reach event for ICC at the Ohio State Fair gave me the dry run I needed to reinforce that decision.

What photo set would be complete without a few cloud shots? (I don’t know, and I don’t aim to find out!)DSC_1635_edited 

DSC_1641_edited

DSC_1643_edited_2 DSC_1665_edited DSC_1667_edited  DSC_1669_edited DSC_1672_edited

I liked the silhouettes of the sky ride against the setting sun. DSC_1673_edited DSC_1674_edited DSC_1677_edited DSC_1678_edited

I had a hard time not ordering anything from here…I’m saving myself for Saturday.

DSC_1679_edited

DSC_1680_edited

DSC_1681_edited

I could see these two as postcards…the text could go in the space in the upper right…COME TO THE OHIO STATE FAIR!

DSC_1681_edited_2

DSC_1683_edited 

In retrospect, if the flag had been blowing in the breeze, this shot would have completely encapsulated the sense of ‘Americana’ that comes with the fair.DSC_1685_edited

I got a little artsy with this. It’s my buddy Steven. The full shot is of him hugging a friend, but I wanted to see what I could do with a close-up.

DSC_1688_edited

Sunset shots are starting to gain obsession points over cloud shots.

DSC_1727_editedThis shot is from the event…something about Randy’s head in his hands during the performance struck me as powerful.

DSC_1740_edited

Night shots are my nemesis…I decided to see how I fared (no pun intended) with ISO 800, no flash, using the monopod. I know it’s still got work, but its a start.DSC_1753_edited

   DSC_1758_edited DSC_1760_edited DSC_1762_edited DSC_1754_edited

Not sure if I’ll have time to get any more pix up here before the weekend trip. If I don’t talk to you before then, have a great rest of your week and an even greater weekend!

-ATS

Comments