A Day In The Country

DSC_1255_edited

Headed up to Dan’s today. He lives north of Sunbury in what I affectionately call the boonies (j/k…I found out today that he has TWO pizza places that deliver to his place). It’s a nice place…lots of land..and today in between working on his son’s PC and telling him that his son’s PC was going to have to be wiped, I found out how scenic it is.

 

 DSC_1227_edited DSC_1229_edited

It’s possible I got butterfly (or is this a moth) happy…all I can say is, if I get a telephoto/Macro lens, it’s all over.

DSC_1233_edited DSC_1234_edited DSC_1235_edited

I was hoping to get a better shot of the ant on this one (below). If you look, you can see it coming over the bud on the way toward the butterfly.

DSC_1239_edited DSC_1242_edited DSC_1243_edited

This particular cloud was hamming it up all afternoon. It made sure to pop out from the rest of the clouds around it.

DSC_1213_edited DSC_1214_edited

This shot is obviously treated. I wanted to try to get the clouds to pop out from the sky. Hard to do on a day when there’s so many of them.

DSC_1215_edited DSC_1217_edited

One of the things I love about clouds is that we’re looking up at them, but sometimes they look like I imagine they look from space, so it almost looks like we’re looking down on them.

DSC_1218_edited 

DSC_1220_edited DSC_1221_edited

Clouds over a field always seems cool to me. Dan’s got the perfect cloud canvas out at his place. I’d have my coffee table book on clouds in no time if I lived out there. :-)

DSC_1223_edited

Sure these flower can contain chiggers (which itch like the dickens)…but it was a neat shot-so I took it. :-)

DSC_1224_edited

This little girl was not cooperating at all. I’d walk closer to take a pic and she’d run away. This was as close as I got. I really need to figure out a way to get that 70-200mm sooner rather than later.

DSC_1225_edited 

And after that, we had burritos and I headed home.

-ATS

Comments

  1. Wow, I never knew my place looked so good. Please send some more pictures. Next time we will have a fire and shoot the guns. Then some more Burritos. Thanks
    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment