Clouday With A Slight Chance of Friday Creeping In

If you didn’t guess what today’s photo blog post was about, then shame on you (you really don’t know me at all, do you?)

 

Hi. I’m Todd. I’m obsessed with pictures of clouds.

Apparently I’m also a sucker for reflections. We have a mirrored elevator where I work (2 actually). And I had this idea for a self-portrait using the visual reverb effect provided by the mirrored walls.

This really was meant to be a proof of concept and isn’t quite how I picture the final shot. I call this one “Iron Man gets old and fat and stuck in a mirrored elevator”
DSC_1261_edited 

And now with the clouds. As fate would have it, today was effin’ hot. So hot, in fact, that on the way home from work, the 12 pack of Diet Big K Cola with Lime started blowing up. Can by glorious can. In my back seat. Each explosion of aluminum sounded like a .22 shotgun. Rather unnerving. Needless to say I was thinking of places along the route home to dump my leaky cargo.

DSC_1265_edited

The soccer fields that Tommy used to play in came to mind. I knew they had trash cans.

And it’s a field. A field which, in the past, has afforded me some very cool cloud pix. Today was no exception.

DSC_1266_edited DSC_1267_edited DSC_1268_edited DSC_1269_edited

This is back to the whole reflection thing.

DSC_1271_edited

Can’t tell if this was a hawk or eagle (or buzzard), but it was big…and riding the drafts above the field.

DSC_1272_edited

Heh…at Maaco for $99.99 you can get the new CLOUD PAINT!! (and yes, that’s an Autobot emblem on my hood…don’t judge me).

DSC_1273_edited DSC_1274_edited

And because I can’t stop playing with the color wheel, here’s a fun one to end the set.

DSC_1275_edited

Enjoy!

Not sure what the weekend holds. I know that on the weekend of the 8th, I’ll be in Indy at the State Fair for our annual Fried/On A Stick Thangie (or FOAST)…so that should be a good chance to get some good State Fair/Americana pix.

Have a great weekend!

-ATS

Comments