Bastille Day Clouds

OK. I still have not gotten away from my cloud thing. I’m not quite sure what fascinates me so much about them, but I got some good ones yesterday (and by ‘good’, I mean, I like ‘em!).

These were taken over the Giant Eagle on 161/Busch Boulevard and also from the ICC parking lot using Nikon D50 with 18-55mm kit lens.

Enjoy!

 

I have a perfect sunset shot in my head. I have a few shots that are in my mental photo-album as shots I want to get and blow up and hang on my walls (or in a gallery) before I die. This isn’t one of those shots, but it’s definitely in the right direction.

DSC_1145_edited DSC_1147_edited

The various textures in the same frame is what drew me to this shot. The fact that so many different types or textures could be in the same stretch of sky just blew my mind.

DSC_1149_edited DSC_1150_edited

DSC_1151_edited

I tweaked this one a little more to pull out more of the sun’s rays.

DSC_1152_edited DSC_1153_edited_2

Over-saturated this one a bit to get the blue of the sky with the sun.

DSC_1154_edited

I tried to pull out the greens in this so we could see more of the green of the tree against the sky.

DSC_1157_edited DSC_1158_edited DSC_1159_edited DSC_1161_edited

And after that shot I went in to a 4 hour meeting :-) Happy Bastille Day!

-ATS

Comments